Production

Sawan Gas Field

Located in Sindh, Sawan Gas Field hosts 16 wells, out of which 13 are in production and supply gas to SSGCL and SNGPL. A 450 MMscfd sales gas processing facility is installed at Sawan Plant. 

A compression facility was commissioned in February 2010 to maintain contractual gas supplies.

Miano Gas Field

Miano Gas Field is located in Sindh. Raw gas from the field is processed at Kadanwari Gas Plant before its supply to SSGCL. The condensate is sold to National Refinery Limited.

A total of 21 wells have been drilled in the field, out of which seven wells are currently on production. 

Recoverable Reserves

Qadirpur Gas Field

Located in Sindh, Qadirpur ranks as the second largest gas field in Pakistan after Sui, with original recoverable reserves of about 4 Tcf.

PPL's Share in National Gas

Province Wise Gas Production From All Companies

Daily Average For The Period July 2008 to March 2009.

Province Punjab NWFP Sindh Balochistan Total

Gas Production (MMcfd)

2.10

Hala Block

Hala is a joint venture between Pakistan Petroleum Limited (PPL) and Mari Petroleum Company Limited, with 65 and 35 percent working interest, respectively. With an area of about 395 square kilometres, the block straddles Sanghar and Matiari districts in Sindh.

Chachar Gas Field

The Government of Pakistan assigned 75 percent working interest and operatorship of Chachar Gas Field (CGF) to Pakistan Petroleum Limited in early 2009, while Government Holdings (Private) Limited continued to hold the remaining 25 percent working interest.

Partner-operated Fields

As a result of Exploration and Production business becoming increasingly capital- and risk-intensive, most companies tend to keep their exposure to an average 30 to 40 percent through Joint Ventures (JV). This entails an arrangement wherein two or more companies work together to share investment, benefits and losses.

PPL-operated Fields

Pakistan Petroleum Limited operates producing fields in Balochistan, Sindh and the Punjab: